Project Manager, Studio/B Branded Content
Boston Globe Media Partners (BGMP) connects communities, ideas, and causes through powerful journalism, innovative advertising solutions, and multimedia experiences. Our brands include The Boston Globe, Boston.com & B-Side. BGMP was named one of the 100 best workplaces for innovators by Fast Company in 2023. Join a passionate group of innovators at New England’s leading media organization and help us shape its evolving future. Studio/B is BGMP’s fastest growing line of business with award-winning work that has garnered resounding praise from clients, the media industry and has led to being a growth priority in our 2023 plans and beyond. Studio/B is a full-service creative studio that works with brands and agencies to develop, create, and distribute meaningful content across a variety of multimedia platforms.
Studio/B is looking for an organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and autonomous Project Manager. The Project Manager will act as the air traffic controller on all projects, ensuring Studio/B created content is launched in a timely, seamless manner. The Project Manager works with a stable of talented creatives (writers, designers, videographers), sales professionals, and account managers, playing a critical role in bringing branded content projects to life and keeping the team on track from ideation to launch.
You’re an ideal candidate if you love digital content. You are a super collaborator with a passion for working and communicating through challenges. You are a solution-driven person able to work autonomously. You are constantly looking for new ways to make your team more effective and efficient. You are a team player and able to work under fast-paced work environments with a reasonable amount of pressure to meet deadlines. You're a proactive thinker and you are a neat freak. You know how to rally and drive a team to meet a goal.
- Works closely with sales, account managers, campaign manager, and creatives to ensure project launches on time and quality of deliverables are met
- Sets and manages project timelines based on turnaround times and team bandwidth
- Flags potential impacts to launch and problem solves how to handle them
- Adapts to changing timelines, client needs, and pace of projects
- Assists with management and production of BGM advertorials
- Collaborates cross-functionally to continually improve Studio/B processes
- Ability to work and manage different personalities and be a mediator
- Manages and evolves Monday.com (PM software) to produce maximum efficiencies for the cross-functional teams
- Acts as the main point of contact for all things studio related (internal and external)
- Knows status of all projects at a given time and holds a weekly cross-functional status meeting to review
- Knows the ins and outs of all products sold and is able to translate contracts into timelines and project status boards
- Coordination of entire feedback loop, being the bridge between AM and creatives to ensure feedback is received, assigned, and completed in a timely manner
- Schedules internal and external brainstorms and studio meetings
- Manages the studio’s budget and freelancer invoicing workflow
- 3+ years professional work experience (ad agency / studio preferred but not required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks and team assignments
- Direct client communication experience (email and/or phone - face to face a plus)
- Ability to translate client values and communication objectives into deadlines
- Experience working with creatives and/or a sales is a must, experience with video production is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Google Sheets) a must
- Knowledge of workflow management software a must (we use Monday.com but transferable skills from platforms like Asana is acceptable)
- Background in marketing preferred
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
The BGMP office is located in downtown Boston, near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. This position is based in Boston, and candidates should be based in the area or willing to move.
At Boston Globe Media, our mission is to empower, connect, and convene our communities with independent, trusted journalism and storytelling. We know a critical part to achieve this is by having a workforce that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive - like the communities we serve. Boston Globe Media is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills.